Mura Show Archive
- June 9, 2010
- Mura Show #21 - Open Forum
In this episode, we fielded questions about creating a dmoz.org style portal, mailing lists, a MailChimp plugin that's in development, third-party themes and the forthcoming Marketplace, plugin dev and using request.pluginConfig, the new cfApplication.cfm and Beer.
- June 2, 2010
- Mura Show #20 - Upcoming Theme Enhancements & Open Forum
In this episode, Sean does a solo show, reviewing of some forthcoming theme enhancements, improvements to the way images are handled, a super quick overview of using templates in the email broadcaster, creating forms templates with Components, adding custom, dynamic footer navigation, and e somewhat lengthy permissions trouble-shooting session.
- May 26, 2010
- Show #19 - Model Glue Template Review & Open Forum
In this episode, we talked a little bit about NCDevCon, did a Model Glue template review, how to customize slideshows to use one large images, how to customize the primary navigation, how to allow a user to edit multiple addresses and did a quick review of category navigation.
- May 19, 2010
- Mura Show #18 - Open Forum
In this episode of the Mura Show we did a quick overview of upcoming trainings at NCDevCon and the official Mura 4-day training we're offering. In addition we talked about the following:
- Using only an email address for users rather than a username and email address combination
- A quick overview of a site conversion
- Mura URL structures
- Quick Local Index Slideshow overview
- Leveraging Mura "404"s to pass in specific business logic
- Implications of CF Admin/MS SQL "Maintain Connections" toggle
- Exploring passing in "sub app" pages into Mura's built-in favorites Content Object
- May 5, 2010
- Mura Show #17 - Open Forum
Often there are many ways to solve a problem in Mura. In this episode, Sean tries to solve a Portal display challenge by suggesting a few ways to extend Mura. Eventually, Matt chimes in with the a simple and obvious solution. Sean is deflated. Show over. We also cover a few questions brought up during the show.
- April 28, 2010
- Mura Show #16 - Open Forum
- April 7, 2010
- Show #15 - Open Forum & Email Broadcaster Overview
In this episode, we fielded questions from the chat and did an overview of Mura's Email Broadcaster.
- March 31, 2010
- Show #14 - Open Forum
This episode was an off-the-cuff hour of answering questions and trying to provide solutions for specific use cases. Topics included our FW/1 plugin, a challenging site architecture and URL requirement among others.
- March 24, 2010
- Show #13 - Taking a Design from Adobe Illustrator to a Mura Theme
This week we have guest presenter, designer Ronnie Duke from Mod Media. Ronnie will be walking through the process of taking a design from Adobe Illustrator to creating a new theme for use in Mura. Using the default Mura theme "Merced", Ronnie slices and dices from design to theme in just over an hour.
- March 17, 2010
- Show #12 - Part 8 of converting carehart.org to Mura CMS
In this episode, we take Charlie's UGTV app that we integrated in to Mura last week and turn it into a plugin.